Interview n' Biography with LENTO MAIL




Lento Mail born with Jandro, Charlie and Bruno. In principle Jandro and Charlie took some 
time rehearsing, then was joined Bruno and began rehearsing at various locations. They met 
Luis and decided it was time to assemble the bases to give form and life to this new project
and testing as time went on, looking for a vocalist to give the letters to the life that was 
about to boil.

Members:

Alexandru (voice)
Luis (drums)
Alejandro (bass)
Charlie (guitar)
Bruno (guitar)

In a word as described to each other

Alex -> Bruno: Melancholy
Bruno -> Luis: Humorist
Luis -> Jandro: Magnificent
Jandro -> Charlie: Friendly
Charlie -> Alex: Charismatic


We talked with the Cantabrian rock band "Lento Mail" and they have talked about their songs, 
the debut album being prepared and what they offer us at their concerts.

1)
Hell Patrol: Hello, how are you going guys?
Lento Mail: Good, very good.

Hell Patrol: How did you meet?

Lento Mail: Charlie, Bruno and I (Jandro) have known for a long time and through a former 
coworker were looking for a drummer that cost us a year to find and that is Luis, so we set 
off and took about a years and half rehearsing together, all this as a project. Then came Alex 
(laughs and jokes) that was in the Carpathians, in the palace of Count Dracula and just came 
from there with Van Helsin.

2)
HP: Why  do you called Lento Mail ?

LM: The name I suggested (Jandro) and Charlie because I have known each other when we 
had 15 years in a job that was called Rapid Mail (company to deliver media) and because of 
that we came up with the name for the first group, since we went so tired to work and we 
were playing slowly.

3)
HP: How do you base your style of rock music?

LM: It lifelong rock'n'roll, rock that has mix of everything, there are rock songs, there are 
softer issues. - (Luis). We have some hard rock, it is best that we get solid, sounds good - 
(Charlie). Luis also told us "I also paragraph because I spent 20 years doing nothing and I 
really wanted to do something and that's when I met Jandro, Charlie and Bruno (in Plaza de 
Mexico), good and not really the type of music that I like to do, but I'm very happy because 
we are doing well between us, which for me is important, we have our most and least like 
everywhere, but if everything is party because we would not go anywhere and is so nice, that 
sounds good and sometimes you have to take them and straighten them a bit, but with all the 
work they will get, it's done and when it sounds good, when everything goes compacted, is 
when I am happy, that feeling that we try to convey to people, when you have good vibration 
drumming (in my case) you transmit to others.

4)
HP: So somehow be doing a fusion music?

LM: We feel that we are among the fusion of rock'n'roll and hard rock or a mixture of both.

5)
HP: How and when learned, each playing / singing your instruments?
       
Alex: I went to a music academy here in Santander and gradually learned to give tone to the 
voice and now I'm qualifying and educating them to improve. Do you like to sing like someone in particular within the rock scene? No, I want it to sound like myself, want it to be something original to what is already.

Bruno: I started a bit of a self-taught with things that have some colleagues who were 
passing chords and then I was teaching with Fredy, then I was with someone else and 
thereafter always practicing and having a great time which is what I interested.

Charlie: I started at fifteen years, an academy started playing flamenco, next Spanish guitar 
playing  classical music and then I started playing alone my songs and next imitate songs and 
riffs of various groups.

Luis: I started with completely self-taught with fourteen years with anything that sounded 
like a percussion instrument, bongos, pans, lids and then bought my first drum. For eleven 
years I studied a lot, tried to learn music theory and I have the basic rhythm, and because of 
that also educated ear, a part of the rhythm I have in my body (laughing), I should have been 
born in Brazil, I can not imagine life without ritme, for me is paramount.

Jandro: as I am the son of musicians (his father was a zarzuela singer and her mother is a 
singer and accordionist), when I was little, they give me a Spanish guitar that used to keep 
the car toys, and less harmonica too, I did not like  so I did it with a stick a bass and played in 
front of the mirror. Then I get to buy a bass (Ibanez) that is the one I use to play today and I 
used to play along with Charlie, while we smoked pot and drank a few beers, then we went 
and did sex every night  ( laughter)

6)
HP: What inspires you to play in the band, in the world of rock who would you say are your 
influences?

LM: Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, Jimi Hendrix, Ted Nugent, The Beatles, The Softies, Rolling 
Stones, AC / DCM Metallica, Motorhead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down, 
Creedence Clearwater Revival, Allman Brothers Band, Lynyrd Skynard, a bit of jazz, blues 
and even well-made with a rock ritme.

HP: You'd do in your repertoire and some version of the traditional themes known as 
"Smoke on the Water" or "Johnny B Goode"?

LM: Yes, but would try to make the version of a song that never had played some other 
band. For example to me (Jandro) I would make a song of Free, Ten Year After or John 
Mayall.

7)
HP: What is your strength as a band, you play out of necessity, as a hobby, love of art or for 
something in particular?

LM: I really want to devote something (Luis) to see how far it goes and if we get out of hand 
- that we go! Was it good? It would be great, I (Bruno) while we have fun either, because 
that is the purpose for which I play. For the age that I have (Charlie) I'm not for nonsense, 
shot before and what comes out, and will always straight.

8)
HP: What are your songs sound when someone first hears, people who have heard some of 
you Rock out to the beat of your music?

LM: Our music is dance and feel, feel that they have heard; something they liked.

9)
HP: Your songs are autobiographical, talk about anything in particular, are based on the 
daily?

LM: They talk about various topics, medieval stories, there are some humorous, social 
criticism, but there are actually a bit of everything.

10)
HP: I know you are going to do a mixture of two languages, you export directly from this 
your first job that you know from the outset internationally?

LM: Actually the name of the group is based on "Spanglish" has Lento (Lento in Castilian 
mean Slow in english) and Mail (in english to spanish mean correo). We were going to sing in Spanish 
(Bruno explains) but Alex entered at the group and he singing, speech and prefers to sing in 
English, and if he does better sing in English all be happy. In addition there are letters in 
English are better and some that are better in Castilian (Charlie tells us). From the zero to 
where you finish and the whole show will be international (delimit together).

11)
HP: You will draw a limited number of your albums, singles? Tell us a little bit of this first 
album.

LM: If dough to do all that marketing, we will, but more particularly we settle in the 
sale-purchase directly from disk. Do you have manager? That depends on the people or the producer who engages us when export to us and help us, we do not want to be a ghost who comes and goes. We want to someone come hear us and say "here you can get something useful" You will send a demo to? Any foreign producer or someone around here? Send demos to the radio stations (Charlie), and the rest of any home, even those who hear us on, our facebook and like and are interested in hearing more about our work.

12)
HP: Will you play in pubs, bars, festivals and / or concert halls, or first will draw your debut 
album?
LM: We first touch live and that people who hear us and see us, say if they like us or not, we 
want to see the reaction of people. Public input to listen to you at some point very important 
to us. Do you want people to enjoy from the first minute to the end? We want people always be 
happy and  do not get bored. When you see it live? Soon, in a month or two, maybe sooner.

13)
HP: What group or area of the peninsula you like match or playing on the same stage?

LM: With any group is good, especially with our local partners "Atotaho"
least "La Fuga" (laughs).

14)
HP: In the future you would like to play with some internationally renowned band, at some 
remote scenario? With whom?

LM: I (Luis)  have experience when I was twenty-two, I was the opening act for Wishbone 
Ash in the bullring, playing for so many people is to be nerves, but it's an experience you 
enjoy. I really want with Ted Nugent (Charlie), with Los Suaves (Bruno), with Metallica 
(Alex) and with Bad Company (Jandro)

15)
HP: After Will you give your shows typical elitist party for colleagues and friends?

LM: Everyone gives parties elitist or not, rather privately colleagues and followers more 
entrenched.

16)
HP: As the songs draw from your debut album, Lento Mail will record their songs thinking 
the same producers of his band friends "Atotaho". As we reach the end of the interview, but 
not before knowing if the group is in a hurry or not reach the top of rock'n'roll.

LM: It has "to be slowly but surely unhurried" as we say in Spain, so that everything is well 
done and once we are in the top, continue to do so well as the first time.